A Happy Hello from the American Legislative Exchange Council
“I knew [Wisconsin union cuts, including schools] would be controversial. I just didn’t know the lengths that the unions would go to to retain their power. Their hyperbole about Republicans wanting to hurt children has hurt them, and made it hard to have a rational discussion. Nobody wanted to cut funding for schools. I felt really bad about it. But, when the only other option is raising taxes, it has to happen.”
— Wisconsin State Representative Robin Vos, co-chairman of ALEC, a group that drafts pre-fabricated legislation about privatization of schools and farming out student-testing (also privatized) to tie teacher salaries to “merit”-based results.
1. If nobody wants to cut funding to something—say, schools—it might actually be a responsible act as a public representative to not cut funding for it.
2. When “the only other option is raising taxes,” that is actually another fucking option.
This post has 13 notes.
- strype reblogged this from mrdestructo
- redfivetwo reblogged this from mrdestructo
- redfivetwo likes this
- getdrunkgetdrunk likes this
- car-egg likes this
- cschack likes this
- ape-brain likes this
- bapeonion likes this
- countcenci likes this
- dennisnsantana likes this
- jenihead reblogged this from mrdestructo
- absolutefucker said: ~rational discussion~
- mrdestructo posted this